Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Hero Arts Neon ink Vs. Recollection neon ink


The other day I was strolling through Michael’s and had notice on an end cap they had some new ink pads.  Now normally I don’t stop and look at what I like to call off brand ink pads.  So yes that is what I say the Recollection brand is an off brand.  I’m not saying that I don’t like off brands cause I do. As a matter of fact I love off brands, I’m thrifty like that.  But I have learned a lesson with off brand ink pads!!  For me, and this is just my opinion, I would rather spend the extra money and get a better quality ink pad.  I’ve just had too many bad experiences with cheaper ink pads.  Now that I got that out of the way I wanna talk a little about what I saw at Michaels.  So I was looking at these new cube sets they had and notice there was a collection called pastels and neon’s.  I pick that set up and then look at the price of $4.99, I said to myself wow this is the first time I’m seeing another company carrying neon inks.  I decided to pick up that set so I could compare them to the Hero Arts neon ink pads.  I also said to myself worst case scenario if I don’t like them I will just throw them away after all they  only $4.99 and I’m going to use a %40 off coupon anyways.  Do you see how I talk myself into buying more stuff that I just don’t need?



Before I get too far into this post I just wanted to say that I did do a video on this.  So if you prefer to watch then read go to bottom of post.  I have to admit I was surprised on how good the recollection brand stamped out.  Now I want to give you my honest opinion, my favorite is the hero arts.  But I’m very glad that I did buy the recollection ones.  The recollection does have a few different colors, which I happen to love the red one.  The hero arts ink pads are very juicy (at least my are), and stamp out very bold and vibrant.  The recollections seem a little dry, but they do stamp out very good as well.  Take a look at the pictures below, I tried to get them at a nice close angle.




My final thought and opinion about these neon pads are:
  1.  If you’re unsure about the whole Neon thing, then try the recollections.  If you don’t like them then you only wasted $5.00.
  2.  If you’re on a budget, then try the recollections.
  3.  If you already have the Hero Arts and can buy the recollection then get them.  They are a nice  addition to the Hero Arts.
  4.  If you don’t want to invest in the Hero Arts, then get the recollections.
  5.  If you love the neon fad right now, I would invest in both if you can.
  6.  I love them both, but if I had to choose.  I would pick the Hero Arts!





No comments:

Post a Comment