Monday, March 25, 2013

Easter Blessing Card







Good morning everybody before I get to today’s card I would just like to share a picture of my current weather conditions we have going on here in Western Pennsylvania. I know its spring time so let’s bring on the sunshine and get rid of the snow.


Okay so for today’s card I had made for the Simon says stampEaster Spring challenge, that is currently going on over at the Simon says stamp challenge blog. So for this challenge they are also featuring the memory box dies however it is not mandatory to use for the challenge. This is great for me because I only own two memory box dies!
I had decided to make a 5.5 x 5.5 square Easter card. The card base is made with a lavender color card stock that I have picked up from Michael’s, is the recollection brand called pastel card stock paper pack. All of the pattern paper is from doodlebug designs 6 x 6 pad called hello spring. The stamped image is from CC designs called masterpiece. And that sentiment is from the Amy R stamps called eggstra special sentiments. I had also used a Martha Stewart butterfly punch. And for the inks I had used staz on jet black for the image and, versa fine onyx black for the sentiments.

So for this card I stepped out of my comfort zone a little bit, and decided to do a little bit of water coloring which I have never done before.  I have stamp out the image using the staz on ink on some watercolor paper and pull out my watercolor sets and went to town coloring. Since this was my first time water coloring I am really happy with the way it turned out.




As I have said before with all my cards I tried to make the inside of the card coincide with the front of the card. I had just used some scraps that I had left over from the front and also added some butterflies on the inside as well.


Good luck to everyone who is participating in this challenge. And if you’re reading this on my blog go check out Simon says stamp challenge blog and play along with this challenge you have until Wednesday, March 27, 2013 to enter. As always thank you so much for stopping by and have a great day and until next time bye everyone!



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card Crystal :-) the image is very cute and the colors and details are very pretty :-)

    lovely piccy's too ,, hope spring arrives soon :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete